Thursday 19 November 2015

Welcome to today's Guest Designer, Chris !

Today we have another treat in store for you as we have another Guest Designer sharing a fabulous project for the current challenge of Remember, Remember. So without further ado I'd like to introduce Chris of Pearshapedcrafting.


Hello everybody! My name is Chris, but you probably know me as ‘pearshapedchris’ as my blog is pearshapedcrafting!
I was thrilled to be asked to be a Guest Designer here at Stamps and Stencils! The Design Team is so talented so it is a real honour to be here!
I have my Mum to thank for my love of making things, although I only got back into crafting for myself when I retired from teaching and my Mum died shortly after that so she never got to see any of the things I have made.
It’s quite funny now to see a ‘new’ technique and to remember doing that very thing – although without the range of products we have nowadays! I love all kinds of crafting especially where it includes stamping.




The theme ‘Remember, Remember’ is an ideal opportunity to show you some of my memories! Some time ago I made a little wall hanging about my Grandad so here is my Grandma’s version. I started with quite a pile of things I might use but as I went along some of them were swapped.


I stuck encyclopedia paper over the hanging and used the doily stencil in the corners, I used a dark colour so that it would show through when I painted over it.


I stamped the film strip on and then added some stamped gelli printed paper and some inked tape.
 s




I painted some embellishments.


Grandma was mounted onto card.


The corners were stamped, then everything was assembled to reflect the one I made of Grandad. 





If you want to see them together and the details on how I made this please hop over to my blog.

My Grandma was very old fashioned and the photo you see here was taken from one we had taken on a day trip to the seaside, so I hope you will come and see what we looked like on our day trip!

Thanks once again to Sue and the team for inviting me today!

Chrisx

Fabulous project Chris ! What a lovely way to remember your Grandparents, thank you so much for sharing this wonderful memory with us.

There is still time to join in with the current challenge Remember, Remember and there is still one more day to go on the DT call !

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous project Chris, love the paint effect on the embellishments and the gorgeous shade of blue, great background for a vintage photo. Thanks for joining us today. Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tribute piece with great colours and textures

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super cool project! Love the layers and texture and what a sweet photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful work - I love the blues - fabulous! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your GDT spot Chris. Love the tribute to your Grandma! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delightful plaque with that lovely photo at its heart. Congrats on your guest spot, Chris - so well deserved.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for asking me! I really enjoyed recalling moments with my Grandma! Thanks also for your kind words! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations on your guest spot Chris!
    Oh I just love both canvases you did for your Grands- how delightful they both are! I am sure they would be quite pleased with these!
    Jackie ")

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your well-deserved DT spot Chris! Loved seeing your photos - wonderful project

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful canvas Chris and a great step by step! Thank you so much for being our guest and sharing your lovely work. Toni xx

    ReplyDelete